Nafasi za Kazi: Azania Bank Ltd – Agribusiness Officer
Azania Bank Ltd is a Commercial Bank which has recorded fast growth. Currently the Bank is seeking to recruit highly motivated, result-driven and qualified Tanzanians professionals to fill the following positions: –
Scope of responsibilities
The position involves getting appropriate markets and marketing options for agricultural produce and their linkages to various value chain stakeholders. It will also oversee various funding options for agricultural activities and devise sustainable linkages with financial service providers aimed at ensuring reliable cashflows sufficient to cover financial commitments to the funders.
The objective is to have adequately funded agricultural sector capable of generating reliable and sufficient cashflows that guarantee creditworthiness customers who use and deploy banking services for mutual development of the parties, namely the players in agricultural projects and their value chains as well as the financier – a banking institution.
Duties and responsibilities
- Take the lead in identifying, developing and growing credible agricultural projects capable of utilizing bank services for efficient agro projects.
- Enable the bank to extend banking services to agricultural sector players and use the opportunities to grow customers from the sector and grow the bank’s balance sheet and revenue generation from the sector.
- Conduct a comprehensive financial analysis and evaluation of various agricultural projects and recommend to the Management for funding as well as devising appropriate terms and conditions for offering various products and services to the sector.
- Work closely with Bank Management to develop a funding systems approach to support the agriculture and its value chains to be supported by the bank and other appropriate partners and engage them for optimal allocation of resources aimed at growing business of all related parties.
- Define short term, medium and longterm strategy for the bank to finance the agriculture sector taking into account interests of various stakeholders including optimizing risks and other engagement options.
- To provide active agricultural sector portfolio management and advisory services for the bank.
- To initiate and devise appropriate policy, procedures and processes necessary for guiding agriculture sector funding, credit accommodation as well as business development within the bank.
- Create, utilize and maintain strategical business collaborations, alliances, synergies and arrangements between bank stakeholders aimed at boosting and maintaining business growth between the parties.
- Initiate and recommend relevant improvements in the agri-business enterprises that would enable the bank realize better returns on their investments.
- Initiate and create publicity and awareness programs on agribusiness available at the bank and engage various stakeholders aimed at raising consumption levels of accompanying bank products and services.
Perform any other duties as assigned by Management from time to time.
Qualification, Experience and Competences
Degree in Agricultural economics, Agriculture, Agribusiness and any other related field of study.
Master’s degree in Agricultural economics, Agribusiness provides an added advantage.
Attractive remuneration packages await successful candidates to the above post as per Azania Bank Limited Salaries and Incentive Schemes as reviewed from time to time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to meet all costs associated with their attendance to the interview. Please note also that successful candidates will be required to meet their relocation costs to Dar es Salaam.
Mode of Application
Applications must be attached with updated detailed resume and Copies of relevant certificates. The same may be sent through email or physical delivery to the addresses indicated herein below.
The deadline for submission of applications is 30th April,2019.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Please apply in confidence to:
AZANIA BANK LIMITED,
SAM NUJOMA ROAD
P. 0. BOX 32089
DAR ES SALAAM
Email [email protected]
Tel No.: 2412025/6/7