DART Agency was established to facilitate the provision of quality and rapid mass transport system for the residents of Dar es Salaam with the use of high capacity buses traveling on exclusive lanes.
The Agency will have the role of planning and coordinating the provision of transportation infrastructure and will oversee the operations of the system. In this regard, the DART will promote public private partnerships in the provision of the public transport services. It will involve private sector managing funds (financial institutions).
Furthermore, the system will offer investment opportunities far the construction of bus terminals and depots that are envisioned to serve also as business centers.
In addition to that DART Agency will also ensure there exists proper traffic management so as to improve mobility within the City and promote effective utilization of public spaces along the corridor for a healthier and livable City. Earlier last year, the Government through DART Agency signed an Interim Service Procurement contract with
UDA-RT specifically to provide commuter services on Kimara- Kivukoni route with Magomeni – Morocco and Kariakoo-Fire feeder route. The Interim Service operations are expected to commence soon.
With that understanding, DART Agency is now advertising the following posts to be filled with highly qualified professional Tanzanians on their relevant fields as follows:
1. Depot Manager(1 Post)
-Degree in Civill Engineering from recognized University.
-PGD in contract Mgt is an added advantage.
-Five years experience
2. Depot Supervisor/ vehicle Mechanics(2 Posts)
-Degree in mechanical/ automobile engineering.
-At least five years experince.
-Fluent in English and Kiswahili Languages.
3. Operation Controller(6 Posts)
-Minimum advanced diploma in Logistic and Transport Management.
-Good working knowledge on Computer, M/s Office.
-At least 3 years working experince.
-Fluent in English and Kiswahili Languages
4. Accountant(10 Posts)
-Degree in Accounting, Banking or Finance.
-Fluent in English and Kiswahili Languages
-Time management, Result oriented and able to meet deadlines schedules.
-Must be computer literate with advanced knowledge of intergrated Financial Management systems
-At least three years experince from reputable organisation in similar position.
-Sound technically skills, analytical ability, good judgement and strong perational focus.
-A well organised and self esteem individual.
-Degree in eduaction marketing, business administration or public realtions.
6.Schedulars (4 Posts)
-Degree/ Diploma in Transport and Logistic Mgt or any other recognized instirution.
-2 years experince.
-Fluent in English and Kiswahili Languages.
7. System administrator (1 Post)
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the incumbent is responsible for performing supervisory work involving technical analysis, design, implementation and maintenance of Intelligent Transport System (ITS).The incumbent will to frequently work independently in receiving and resolving customer needs, providing information and interacting with the Bus Operators.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Management of scheduling and planning system,
• To manage operation data management and configuration.
• To manage operation data service such as storage and Integration Services,
• To monitor operations Monitor and control schedule adherence using Automatic Vehicle
• Location (AVL), Vehicle monitoring and Schedule,
• To manage communications with drivers regarding daily operations by using text messages in Driver communication module,
• To disseminate Real Time Passenger Information on the next stop display interface and Station based passenger information,
• Coordinate help desk requests and ensures compliance with service level agreements,
• Troubleshoot server operating system, network hardware and network application errors,
• Provide detailed documentation of daily activities to Technical Services Coordinator,
• Perform other related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of active directory, group policy, networking, and operating systems,
• Knowledge of desktop management system administration, repackaging software and scripting,
• Knowledge of microcomputer hardware (including peripheral equipment) and software packages,
• Knowledge of communication and network technology,
• Skills in the operation of microcomputer hardware, systems, and software,
• Experience in communicating with vendor’s technicians, programmers, system analysts, and computer users,
• Experience in performing technical maintenance of hardware and software and applying complex technical documentation and reference material,
• Ability to analyze customer needs, design technical approach, implement and maintain solutions involving scripting group policy and repackaging,
• Ability to communicate technical knowledge and language to users and subordinates,
• Ability to maintain routine working relationships with user’s arid vendors,
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
• Ability to prepare comprehensive reports, evaluate office information system needs, and to develop effective policy and procedures for computer and system automation,
• Ability to resolve technical and system problems and communicate those findings to the appropriate parties,
• Ability to utilize high level problem solving techniques,
• Ability to train Network Technician I and II employees.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering or Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering .
• 3 years working experience in relevant field, Must have highly developed observation skills to anticipate and detect operational anomalies,
• Excellent interpersonal skills to work with a team, as well as verbal and written communication skills in English and Swahili.
8.Power Technician(2 Posts)
-Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
-2 years relevant experience in relevant field.
-Must have highly developed observation skills
-Excellent intrapersonal skills to work with team, as well as verbal and written communication skills in English and Swahil.
9.Technical Field support (AFC) 5 Posts
1. Must have an advanced diploma in computer science.
-3 years of Information Technology technical hands-on experience.
-Excellent interpersonal skills to work with a team, as well as verbal and written communication skills in English and Swahili.
10. Stations Assistants/ Attendant (80 Posts).
-Diploma in community devt, socialogy, public administration, social work.
-Fluent in Kiswahili, knowledge of English language is an added advantage.
-Experience in customer care.
All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania, not above 45 years old, however, one should observe the age limit for each position where indicated.
Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) with reliable contact, postal address, e-mail, telephone numbers and two referees,
Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement,
Applicants must attach their relevant certified copies of academic certificates:
Postgraduate/Degree/ Advanced Diploma/ Diploma/Certificates and transcripts, Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates. Computer Certificates.
Professional certificates from recognized boards.
One recent passport size photo and birth certificate.
Form IV and form VI results slips are strictly not accepted.
Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAe.
45/257/01 /D/140 dated 30th November, 2010.
Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or advanced level education should be certified by The National Examination
Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for
Applicants should not be convicted by any criminal offences in any court of law in Tanzania or elsewhere
Application letters should be written in English.
-Applicants who have retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
Applicants who are employed by any organization should channel their applications through their employers.
Applicants who are employees should channel their applications through their employers.
Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview.
Applications should be sent through post office.
Tenure, Salaries and Remunerations:
Attractive package will be offered to successful candidate in line with the current Government pay scales.
The above advertised positions are based on contract terms and renewable depending on competence and work performance.
NOTE: All applications should be sealed and addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
11 Floor, Ubungo Plaza,
P. O. Box 724, OAR ES SALAAM.
E-mail: [email protected]
Closing date will be 14 days after initial advertisement date and applications received after the deadline will not be considered.