Nafasi Ya Kazi Smart Codes Ltd, Software Engineer, Deadline 30th May 2019
Position: Software Engineer
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Reporting to: Projects Manager
Smart Codes is an award-winning digital agency founded in 2010 committed to solving African problems.
Our inherent inquisitive nature has made us push boundaries and produce work from our Products and Innovation department such as M-Paper, a digital newspaper application, and Kwanza which collects all bloggers and website in one place for convenient media buying at a local level. Our products have won international awards such as the Apps African Innovation Award and we have been featured in Quartz Africa, TechCrunch and Forbes magazine.
Preview a short clip about us: https://vimeo.com/336116468
A. Summary of Position
Our Technology team is an integral part of our business. They are perpetual problem solvers, creative technical thinkers and are always seeking new and innovative ways to leverage technology solutions to bring ideas to life and grow our clients’ businesses.
As a Software Engineer, you will be focused on bringing rich experiences to life primarily leveraging web-based technologies. You are a confident back-end web and mobile developer who is also comfortable working with and helping to build front-end services. The experiences you build can range from customized enterprise solutions to deep data-driven tools and services.
B. Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages technical projects execution and delivers on targets such as quality and timing.
- Hand-code applications that support web and mobile platforms
- Leverage frameworks and libraries such as React, Angular, Ember.Js, and others to architect dynamic web experiences.
- Produce fully functional mobile applications writing clean code
- Produce fully functional web applications backed & front-end (Good UI & UX)
- Create API (Rest-API & SOAP)
- Integrate the application with a third-party platform
- Design and implement optimized database
- Reviews system specifications and documentation at appropriate points in the System Development Life Cycle
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance in different platforms
- An eye for details in maintaining the end user experience
- Perform Projects UAT to ensure Quality
- Perform any other tasks provided by the Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field is Required.
- Master’s Degree is added advantage (Technical, Projects or MBA)
- At least 3 years of working experience in the relevant field;
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
• Full Time
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV to [email protected]
Application close: 30th May 2019