TOURISM ASSISTANTS II (6 POSTS) at Ngorongoro Conservation Area (NCA)
The Ngorongoro Conservation Area (NCA) was established under National Parks Ordinance CAP.412 of 1959. This unique area is currently managed by the Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority (NCAA) pursuant to CAP 284 of 2002. It is under the Ministry for Natural Resources and Tourism. The main functions of the NCAA are to conserve and develop the natural and cultural heritage resources, to promote tourism in the NCA and promote the interests of indigenous people living in the area.
The Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority (NCAA) invites applications from qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacant positions:-
TOURISM ASSISTANTS II (6 POSTS)
Direct Entry Qualifications
Holder of Certificate in Tourism Management, Wildlife Management, Wildlife Tourism, Tour Guiding, Management of Tourist Attractions or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution. Experience in Interpretation and fluency in English and/or any of French, Germany, Italian, Japanese, Chinese and Spanish is an added advantage.
Main Duties and responsibilities
• To ensure cleanness of NCA tourist circuits, trails, picnic sites and campsites.
• To participate in providing tourism information to tourists and general public
• To assist in providing tourism information to tourists and general public
• To assist in monitoring and report on wise and sustainable use of tourism products
• To participate in identification and providing education and awareness on tourists products and services and their importance to local residents and surrounding communities.
• To participate in evaluation and maintenance of NCA Tourist circuits, trails, picnic sites and camp sites
• To carry out activities of tour guiding and interpretation of tourist products to tourists in NCA.
• To assist in identification and development of new tourist products
• To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor
In accordance to NCAA’s salary scales.
Mode of Application:
Own handwritten application with comprehensive typed curriculum vitae, accompanied with copies of relevant academic Certificates and Transcripts plus names and addresses of three referees to be sent to:-
Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority,
P. O. Box 1, NGORONGORO CRATER,
ARUSHA – TANZANIA | Tel: +255 27 2537006/19
So as to reach this office not later than 08th March, 2019
Applicants should not exceed 45 years of age and they must indicate their telephone/mobile and E-mail addresses for quick response. Employed applicants must channel their applications through their current employers. Please ensure that you mention mabumbe.com as the source of this job advertisement.