Nafasi Ya Kazi: IT Officer – Database & Systems Development at Exim Bank
JOB TITLE: IT Officer – Database & Systems Development
REPORTING TO: Manager, Database and Systems Development
REGION: Dar es Salaam
• Job Category : IT
• Job Code : IT
• Job Name : Officer— Database &Systems Development
PURPOSE OF JOB
To analyze departmental and individual requirements for database solutions; participate in developing, implementing and maintaining applications; documenting system components; and serving as a technical advisor to staff and other bank personnel.
• Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing Microsoft based systems.
• Make recommendations on custom applications which may include a number of data capture systems for banking operations and other databases.
• Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes.
• Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues and provide first level support and troubleshooting of banking systems
• Coordinate application development for multiple projects.
• Assist in troubleshooting software application issues.
• Assist in managing an outsource relationship for 3rd party application development and programming consultants.
• Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements.
• Analyze data contained in the corporate database and identify data integrity issues with existing and proposed systems and implement solutions.
• Provides assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology. Provide minor programming for some in-house IT projects.
• Write technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, user guide, etc. Produce technical documentation for new and existing applications.
• Verify database and data integrity.
• Participate in weekly meetings with the IT team to discuss progress and issues to be resolved, and report progress on a weekly basis to the Head of IT.
• Participate on IT project committees and be involved in the design phase of any new IT software development projects.
• Assist in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new development projects.
• Serve as a liaison and facilitator between all business units to assist in addressing and resolving IT software issues.
• Installing and applying of patches on Unix and Infrastructure virtualization environments.
• Installing and ensuring there is current hardware firmware version and support license.
• Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision following standardized practices and/or methods; leading, guiding, and/or coordinating others; and operating within a defined budget.
• Utilization of resources from other work units is often required to perform the job’s functions.
• There is a continual opportunity to impact the organization’s services.
• Advanced Diploma/Degree in IT, IS, Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics or related field
• Knowledge of structured query language (SQL), Unix and database management systems (DBMS).Source: Ajiraleo Tanzania
• At least 3 years relevant experience in the banking industry. Knowledge of programming languages such as PHP, Java, VB.net etc
• Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
• The ability to work to a high degree of accuracy
• Good analytical skills
• A good understanding of database architecture, software and database management systems
• A good understanding of banking products, procedures and systems
• The ability to work quickly, under pressure and to deadlines
• Good communication, presentation and negotiating skills
• A good understanding of the banking policies and regulatory requirements
• A willingness to keep up to date with developments in technology
• Good team-working skills
Job Education Requirements: Diploma/Degree in IT
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
To apply please visit https://www.eximbank.co.tz/About-Us/Careers
Deadline of this Job:
22nd May 2019
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: 6th May 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed